- Slight absorbance
- High vapour permeability
- Self-cleaning (especially resistant to dirt)
- High durability thanks to the Silix XD® formula
- Highly resistant to UV and weather conditions
- BioProtect formula – resistant to the development of fungus, algae and mould
- Available in full palette of Ceresit Colours of Nature®
- Amount required: depending on the smoothness and absorption of the substrate, on average approx. 0.3 l/m² with two coatings
CT 49 Silix XD® is equipped in selected modified silicone and polysiloxane resins together with special fillers and pigments. Thanks to extremely high hydrophobia of coat surface, reached by use of PTFE additives the “pearl” effect appears – immigration of water and dirt is strongly limited. Nevertheless the coat is highly permeable to water vapour. CT 49 Silix XD® extends the aesthetic effect and and durability of coated surface. CT 49 Silix XD® is used outdoor and indoor, especially suggested for protecting of coated areas against weathering (e.g. sour rain), biological corrosion and in cases where high durability and dirt-resistance is required. It can be applied on the mineral substrates (concrete, cement plasters, lime–cement plasters and lime plasters) that have never been painted before. This paint can be used for painting Ceresit: CT 35 and CT 137 mineral plasters, Ceresit: CT 60, CT 63, CT 64 acrylic plasters, Ceresit: CT 72, CT 73 silicate plasters, CT 74, CT 75 silicone plasters, as well as silicate-silicone plasters Ceresit CT 174 and CT 175: applied on traditional substrates and within Ceresit ETICS (External Thermal Insulation Composite Systems) with the application of EPS-boards (Expanded Polystyrene boards).
It is highly recommended to use CT 49 in historical objects, on the renovation and aerated plasters as well as on all the surfaces where aesthetic qualities and duration of the coating is required. Thanks to crack-bridging abilities of CT 49, the coat is highly recommended for application on mineral plasters as well during application of ETICS as during the renovation of aged insulation systems. The façades covered with the paint CT 49 can be washed with washing devices operating under low pressure. The exposure of the façade to the sun causes dangerous tensions; therefore dark colours should be used only on small areas, e.g. architectural details.
The paint CT 49 may be applied on carrying, smooth, dry and clean substrates (free from any substances that decrease ad- hesion such as grease, bitumen, dust):
- concrete (age over 28 days),
- traditional cement plasters, lime-cement plasters and lime plasters (age over 14 days),
- thin-layer mineral and mineral-polymer plasters (age over 7 days),
- thin-layer acrylic and silicone plasters (age over 3 days),
- thin-layer silicate plasters (age over 5 days),
- gypsum substrates (only inside the buildings) with the humidity below 1%, ﬁrstly primed with Ceresit CT 17,
- gypsum cardboards, gypsum-ﬁbre boards (only inside the buildings), ﬁxed according to the recommendations of the board manufactures, ﬁrstly primed with CT 17,
- strong paint coats with good adhesion to the substrate. Firstly uneven and damaged substrates should be repaired.
Plaster ﬁller Ceresit CT 29 can be used for repairs. It is recommended to check the strength of the existing mineral layers. The existing dirt, layers of low strength, lime and adhesive paint coatings as well as the residuals of wall paper or glues should be completely removed. It is recommended to use washing devices. After being washed with water, the substrate should dry.
Before the paint application, the content of the container should be carefully stirred by means of the drill with a mixer for about 2 minutes. Usually it is sufﬁ cient to paint twice. Between the application of the subsequent layers at least 12- to 24-hour technological breaks should be maintained. CT 49 should be applied by means of a brush, roller or a spray device. It is important to apply the paint evenly. Application with spray machine using pressure machines, nozzle e.g. 517, pressure 200-220 bar (Wagner PS 22). If there is such a need, it is possible to add not more than 5% of water and stir carefully. Only stainless containers tools should be used. Work on one surface should be carried on without any breaks using the paint of the same batch number printed on each packaging or the content of containers with different batch numbers should be mixed together. The area not to be painted, e.g. windows, doors should be protected (e.g. with foil). Bushes, other plants, etc. should be protected as well. Any stains should be immediately rinsed with water. Tools should be washed carefully with water directly after being used.
- approx. 0.3 L/sqm with two coatings
- 15 L