- Manufactured in more than two hundred colours
- Resistant to alkalis
- Resistant to weather conditions
- Easy to use
- Amount required: depending on the smoothness and absorption of the substrate, on average approx. 0.3 l/m2 with two coatings
CT 42 ensures effective surface protection against weather and aggressive airborne substances. It is suitable for use on Ceresit CT 35, CT 36 and CT 137 mineral plasters and Ceresit CT 60, CT 63, CT 64 acrylic plasters applied on traditional substrates and included in Ceresit Ceretherm thermal insulation systems.
The paint CT 42 may be applied on carrying, smooth, dry and clean substrates (free from any substances that decrease adhesion such as grease, bitumen, dust):
– concrete (age over 28 days)
– traditional cement plasters, lime-cement plasters and lime plasters (age over 14 days),
– thin-layer mineral and mineral-polymer plasters (age over 7 days),
– thin-layer acrylic plasters (age over 3 days),
– gypsum substrates (only inside the buildings) with the humidity below 1%, firstly primed with Ceresit CT 17,
– gypsum cardboards, gypsum-fibre boards (only inside the buildings), fixed according to the recommendations of the board manufacturers, firstly primed with CT 17,
– strong paint coats with good adhesion to the substrate. Firstly uneven and damaged substrates should be repaired. Plaster filler Ceresit CT 29 can be used for repairs. It is recommended to check the strength of the existing mineral layers. The existing dirt, layers of low strength, lime and adhesive paint coatings as well as the remainders of wall paper or glues should be completely removed. It is recommended to use washing devices. After being washed with water, the substrate should dry.
Before the paint application, the content of the container should be carefully stirred by means of the drill with a mixer for about 2 minutes. Usually it is sufficient to paint twice. Between the application of the subsequent layers the 4- to 6-hour technological breaks should be maintained. CT 42 should be applied by means of a brush, roller or a sprinkling device. It is important to apply the paint evenly. If there is such a need, it is possible to add not more than 10% of water and stir carefully. Use only stainless containers and tools. Work on one surface should be carried on without any breaks using the paint of the same badge number printed on each packaging or the content of containers with different badge numbers should be mixed together. The area not to be painted, e.g. windows, doors should be protected (e.g. with foil). Bushes, other plants, etc. should be protected as well. Any stains should be immediately rinsed with water. Tools should be washed carefully with water directly after being used.